Hello hello!

Bebop

Reefing newb
Hello!

I’m Cody, I’m scoping things out while I decide whether or not to re-start my tank.

I have a 30 gallon Biocube, it’s currently sitting in storage (has been for about a year) after a particularly disastrous total system wipeout. I had been running a FOWLR system for about a year. Then one day the people who lived above me flooded their apartment, and as a result I had water that seeped through the ceiling (and insulation and drywall) dripping right into my tank. The next day everything was dead. The water was so toxic my LFS told me I’d have to scrap almost everything.

So, now I’m leery about whether or not I can use my Cube :/.

But, all that stuff aside, I think I’m going to base a new tank around EITHER a Jawfish, or a Watchman Goby/Pistol Shrimp pair.

But I think 30 gallons is a bit too small (I had a Dusky Jaw and was seriously considering returning him because he could never settle into a single hole and I had an emerald crab that would harass him to no end). Anyone have experience with burrowing fish that can point me in the right direction?

Hello and Welcome. Glad you decided to start back up. I have a Gold Head Sleeper Goby. He sure is good at keeping the sand clean but makes a heck of a mess in the tank sifting sand all over the place. :D

Thanks for the welcome!

Also, Is there anyone in the Denver Area that knows of a decent LFS? I recently moved down from Fort Collins and the closest two stores to me are...well depressing to say the least.

Welcome! We have a few Colorado peeps that can help you out with finding a good LFS :D If your biocube is not leaking, I don't see why you couldn't use it. Just rinse it out with vinegar and water.

Hello and welcome to the site!

I always liked Reef n Pond. But I haven't been there in a year or so.
Are you right in Denver?

I'm in SE Denver (Around I-25 and I-225), so anything more south is good, though I'm not above a 30 min drive to go to a fish store (I'm just glad to have more than one in my area!)

You're pretty close to me!

Stay away from Neptune's (470 and University).

Todd's Tropical is decent. They're around Parker and 225 (Dartmouth-ish and Hampden) across from Kennedy Golf Course.

Back