Hello I am new in school

Gio94sr20

Reefing newb
Hi my name is Gio, I started with freshwater fishes for about a year and then swiched over to salt water.During a little over a year I have gone from a 20 gallon to a 55 gallon and my current tank that is a 125 given to me by a beautiful girl as a birthday gift. I have had more downs than ups but am getting pretty good at it now. I love my new hobby eventhough expensive I believe it will all be worth it after finding this forum and seeing many beautiful tanks and helpful community. Thank you for welcoming me and hope to learn more.

HELLO AND WELCOME...theres a lot of usefull articles here...and the photo gallery is awsome, for new ideas..have fun!!

Thank you once again I feel very welcomed. Well for now this is what I have.
3 Clown fishes (false ocellaris)
2 black clown fishes (saddle back)
7 chromis
1 saillfin
2 Behn's damsels
1 neon goby
1 sand shifter star fish
1 red and white banded lobster
I also had a copperband and a naso tang but the yellow tang I had bullied them around to the point of stressing them into hiding and not feed. I took the yellow tang out but it was too late the Naso died and then the coppeband two days later. I had introduced the yallow last, it was a very feisty one. the sailfin survivedputting a fight to eat.

Rock I am currently curing a large amount that was given to me.

Oh and in my 55 when I first started I went crazy buying
a banded shark egg which later grew to 14 inches before I gave it up
White tip cat shark about 12 inches
a baby sting ray
snoweflake eel. He jumped out one night I forgot to close the lid after feeding.ooops!
And a baby barracuda.
I do not know whether to keep trying to make it a reef tank as it is very expensive, or just a preditor tank. opinion?

Thats a hard decision there Gio.
I like predatores,and I like reefs.And to me a truly natral reef tank would have a few predators in it.
But in the world of mini reefs and such,it just wouldnt work at home.
If your 125 is going to be reef,then go predator in the other tank.

Back