Hello Living Reefs

MadHatterReefdotCom

Reefing newb
I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself. My name is Jeff and I am an avid saltwater aquarium hobbyist. Some would say reef junkie :shock:

Im currently maintaining over 600 gallons of saltwater aquarium in my home at the time of writing this post (with plans of more). I have setups that range from the everyday saltwater aquarium, to marine fish breeding setups and of course coral propagation tanks.

In my spare time I am the webmaster for Mad Hatter's Reef. The goal of MHR is to share as much knowledge as I can with those who are interested in starting and maintaining a saltwater aquarium. Future plans for this project will include marine fish breeding, corals propagation and responsible reef keeping education.

Over that last few years my interest in this hobby has turned to aquaculture of marine life. As hobbyist its important for us to find ways to become more self sustaining to reduce the collection from the natural reefs and protect our hobby, for future generations.

I look forward to learning and sharing with all of you!

:Cheers:
Jeff

Welcome aboard!
I totally agree with you. I hope to someday be able to work full time in coral and fish propagation as well. Just not sure where to turn or how to start. Maybe I don't know the right people, plus I am hopelessly landlocked here in the Ozarks. :(
I look forward to seeing your tanks, plus I think I've been to that site before! :Cheers:

Back