Hello, my name is Amber, and I am addicted to SW fish

Prototype220

Reefing newb
Hiya, just a bit about myself.... I am a married mom of three, who always loved (and had) FW tanks. About four years aago my husband thought it would be a good idea to make the switch to SW. I knew it could be a task, but he assured my that this would be a hobby that we could do together, so I agreed. We started with a 55 gallon and I found out early that I was going to be in this on my own. However, I loved the hobby and didnt mind much. A year later,a friend of our sold us his 92 gallon custom with all the bells and whistles (2 mh, t5 with 4 actinic and 4 leds, wet dry, skimmer, fans, blowers, etc.). All was good, but I started to realize how expensive it was going to be to stock both tanks, not to mention maintain :frustrat: So after some research, i recently shut down my 55, transferred my fish to the 92 which is a fish only (a clown, a kole tank, coral beauty, and hippotang, all ive had since the beginnign) and started a 10 gal reef with the leftover rocks and sand. Right now the 10 has a marineland bio 250, heater, jbj unibody 54w dimmable led, a few zoos, a cleaner'shrimp, and black and yellow suncoral. Trying to save up for a pair of rare clowns like snowflakes:mrgreen: Although i have been in the hobby a few years, this is my first attempt at corals and will need help...so far so good though:sfish:

Welcome to the site! Believe me, you're not the only one here addicted to the hobby.....that's what makes it so fun,

Don't be afraid to ask any questions you have. The folks on this site are wonderful and give great advice.

Hello and Welcome!

I hate to be the party pooper, but a 90 gal tank is too small for a hippo tang. They need a tank that is at least 8 ft long.

Thanks so much everyone! @little_fish, I know some articles I've read on the tang call for a much larger tank, while others say >75 should be fine. I have had "Dori" (my children's name for her of course") for two years and she is approximately 3-4 inches now. I'll keep a close eye in her for signs of stresses, but so far so good :). We call her the bratty little sister of the tank because she follows my black ocelaris EVERYWHERE ! Lol. They have been bosom buddies since I introduced her! As soon as I get more savy with the forum I will post pics of my 10 gal and the 92 with all my fish babies :)

Back