Hello

montoya

Reefing newb
Hello all.

I've been reading for a few weeks and decided to join. I've been in the aquarium hobby for years. I started with a freshwater tank. Enjoyed that for years. Switched over to a saltwater fish only at one point. Had that a few years then swithced back to fresh.............

I recently had to move my aquarium (55g) and decided to take the opportunity to go back to salt again. This time I got some decent lights and decided to give a shot at reef keeping. So far so good. I've got a few small fish, a mushroom, yellow polyps, and a Galaxea. All seem to be doing well.

I'm looking forward to talking with everyone and learning. There is a lot more information available today then even 4 - 5 years ago when I last had my saltwater fish-only setup.

Hello again.

Montoya

Thanks all for the welcomes. I'll see if I can post some pictures soon. The tank is set up but only for about two months so far. As such it's not much to look at yet. I have a small "reef" with a mushroom colony, yellow polyp colony and a Galaxea all doing quite well. I have a colony of green polyps not doing well at all. They have been closed and shrinking for the past few weeks.

ladypheesh:

Hello.

I'm using a 48" USA Current Dual Satellite. It has (4) 65W power compact bulbs - 2 Actinic and 2 Daylight. It also has two built in LED moonlights. It has separate switches for each so I can setup a nice day/night cycle with my timers.

It's my first "real" light and so far I am very happy with the quality of the light produced as well as the fixture itself. It can be had on a lot of internet sites for around $ 225.00 or so complete with a full set of bulbs. The workmanship and design appear top-notch. The only negative is I didn't realize how much replacement power compact bulbs cost. It appears that even on the 'net they are around $ 30.00 each give or take.

If I had to do it over I would definitely consider USA Current brand again but might look at a T5 due to the bulb cost.

Montoya Welcome to the reef,

here at living reefs we dont care if the pics are blurry, or just pics of a dust cloud after you just added water. Pics are Pics here We love em'

So just to prove my point I will post a pic here on your thread of ummm,.
a woman eating Cake

thumbnailCASADBZZ.jpg

LOL have fun here man,

Back