Hello

thelunar

Reefing newb
Hi i am new in saltwater aquarium and i just cycled my tank . i have little live rock and fish . the problem is the live rock not always available her in kuwait and it is costly
my question is can i collect rocks from the beach and use it in my tank and if yes will it becomes live and colored

Dont know either, but we also could use some locate rocks as we are very close to the ocean. Live rock is about $8.99 a pound here in the states.
Good luck,

Bye the way how long did it take to cycle your tank? 1 month?

New in the Hobby - Need some expert advice

Hello All ,
I'm new in this hobby,, just set up the new 24 gal. nano.... purchased the live sand, salt. etc. How long should I let this run until I can start adding Live rock, coral, and a few fish?

drew

Hello,
Welcome, and you can add real live rock now, and also might want to consider adding Bacteria by the bottle to jumpstart your reef system. I was told that it could cut your 4 to 6 week cycle time almost done to 2 weeks. I just added it to my new tank and added two clowns immediaty and they still are alive and kickin.
Sweders

You might want to try a product called Biozyme, the saltwater version comes in a red container. I have found it to work very well for cycling the tank.

Back