Hello

The Aiptasia-X.:D

I'm gonna go against the grain here and say NOT to boil the rock.
I'd would BORROW a Copperband Butterfly before I boiled the rock killing EVERY thing on it.There just to much good stuff for that.
But which ever way you decide to go,Welcome to the site.

Borrowing a copperband is as good idea. You'd want to make sure you can return it once all the aiptasia is gone, or the copperband will starve in your tank. They specialize in eating aiptasia. Peppermint shrimp can help too. It's up to you to determine how much work you're willing to put into this rock.

If you go with peppermints, they will only eat spores and new growth while it's small so you will have to go after the big stuff with aip-x or get the copperband

How do i go about BORROWING a fish? I assume that means buying then returning? Most of the larger ones are gone due to the Aipt-X but there are still so many little half inch ones and smaller can I get by with a few Peppermint Shrimp or would teh copperband still be a wise decision?

I think you should pair them up, IMO. Borrowing would involve purchase then return through your LFS. Some will keep a portion of your purchase price (not give you a full refund) for the cost of the "rental". You may also be able to find someone in your area that can loan you their fish, but you are assuming the risk of the health of that fish.

I bought a bunch of peppermint shrimp and Aipt X and Joes Juice just to see if there was a difference in the two which to my untrained eye there isnt. The peppermint shrimp tore the aiptasias apart while I went at them with the chemicals. After two days there is a noticable difference in the amount. I unfortunetly forgot about the Nitrates and lost two of the peppermints but I feel I got it under control. Thanks for the help all

hello colin welcom to the site, I travel to denver often to buy some diffrent items that i cant get at my lfs. The only one I would recommend is keys island ask for grandpa. He is most knowledgeable and will help you tremendously

hello colin welcom to the site, I travel to denver often to buy some diffrent items that i cant get at my lfs. The only one I would recommend is keys island ask for grandpa. He is most knowledgeable and will help you tremendously
Great thank you. I just got into a debate with the clerk at my lfs over the health of a starfish so im now in the market for a new one. Ive been to keys Island a few time I live about 10 minutes away. Its pretty nice. Thanks again

Last edited:
Back