Help!!! Aiptasia outbreak

I'm having a huge problem with Aiptasia in my tank right now. They are everywhere!! They are in spots I can't even get to. How can I get rid of them? I bought 1 peppermint shrimp and haven't seen him since I put him in the tank. Should I buy more? How many? Any other ideas?

"Aiptasia X" & 3 more shrimp, The bigger the better b/c even the bigger shrimp will only eat the smaller aiptasias. Also, IME peppermint shrimp usually do their hunting at night when we're sleeping. If you wanna try to catch a glimpes at the shrimp....try shining a flashlight in the tank after hours (10pm or so). Don't buy a butterfly fish, there's a high chance of it cleaning house, but an even higher chance that it will die soon after. Even in the best of tanks, they just seem to die for an unknown reason.

You will need a lot more peppermint shrimp. I would go with half a dozen or so. There's a 50/50 chance they will eat aiptasia in the first place, so you'll need more than 1. Also Chuck is right -- they are nocturnal. And pick up some Aiptasia X and nuke any of the ones you can reach.

There are a few fish that will eat them also, but as stated most of them are fairly difficult to take care of, especially once the aipstaisa is gone. The other thing to consider is that if a fish eats apstaisa, it will also more than likely eat coral

I tried one of these for my aipstaisa issues
Saltwater Aquarium Fish for Marine Aquariums: Orange Butterflyfish

They are easy to take care of, and it handled hundreds of the pests in a matter of days, but it also munched on zoas and other things in my tank. And remember, you may get one that doesnt like aipstaisa, just like with shrimp

Back