HElp alge needed removal on lr ?

Coralreefer23

I AM a Reefer@
Whats going on i have a stack of live rock i am trying to fix off with the alge and into my tank. First i have a 29 gallon nano cube which i took down to have one 30 long gallon style to fit all the rock we have. Just get a few frags. Now I ordered Dr. Tims Bacteria cycling 8oz bottle. I had the tank cycling which i had three nice size pieces of Lr and one bag of live sand and about half of the other bag from the other tank wich i siphoned most of the crap out. now with the live rock sitting in the tank while cycling, i ran out of salt mix and now have salt. while the live rock was in the tank i have a case of green algae? its not like most green algae that ive seen where its all hairy but its more hard like you would see with red algae?? i cant figure out how to get rid of it??? if anyone knows what kind this is PLEASE HELP!! and let me know how to get rid of it because im scrubbing my rocks every two weeks and getting tired of it.Its starts from lime green to darkish

So It seems that i cant post any pics of this algae off my desktop so im going to try to give the best possible description i can. I know what causes hair algae and how is to come about to your live rock, sand bed , etc.... if your peremeters are off then da that prolly needs a water change or some sort of dose... this algae grew under high peremeters which was not high PH yet the nitrites were alittle high and nitrates . I had no sign of ammonia till I added DR. Tims natural Bacteria to enable my cycle to like 5 days or so which Im on only two days into . I took out all the live rock and will precure each piece in a 10 gallon cause i have a few pounds to cure after having this scare. I know what it takes to scrub just having a hard time seeing my fish have another algae out break. Can green coraleen algae grow under double ended halid bulb even under tank cycling ? which also no heater was in the tank due to only having one the other broke and now is at 77" This isnt long haired or muffy and it did hit the glass walls a bit so scubbing will be needed after cycle has completed if it returns. Anyone recomend how many safe days i should wait till i do a water change even though i added a Cycle enabler? It seems alot of work yet i have my fish in a five gallon bucket cause i was told this was to cycle in five days or less and inverts which need to be dropped in soon so i dont have to keep making and changing........

Last edited:
Water change couldn't hurt ya at this point. still trying to figure out your algea problem though. Diatoms usually show up in a newly established tank. If this is it, then they will go away by themselves, no worries.

I'm confused also, you're trying to cycle a tank, youre using this dr tims stuff in your tank, and you've already got fish in there?

yeah, that link doesnt work.

Coralline algae will sometimes be a greenish color (In my tank was bright lime green) when its new.

U have nothing to worry about my friend, except the fact that you are rushing way too much and prolly on a path leading to dead tank mates.....

Does it look like this:

6577d1271832361-my-new-endeavor-green1.jpg

Yep thanks Ulta! thats what it looks like guess fast isnt the way just want them to be ok! so just let the water cycle or would u do part of a water chane?

Last edited:
Back