Help asap please! !!

Civicdemon

Go Big Or Go Home !
Ok so my qt tank has ben up with 2the fish in it for about 2 weeks now. I have nen doing water changes in it every 3time days to keep levels down and i test every other day. So today i get home and my six line erasse that is in there looks like its dying. The kole tang looks fine and healthy. So i tested the tank and my nitrite is off the scale. And amonia is at. 50 nitrates are at 20 ppm. Anyways my question is should i jist start aclimating them to my dt. Since the kole looks healthy?

Were you treating with copper or hyposalinity?

If no, then quarantining them wasn't preventing any diseases, so it doesn't matter if you move them over or not.

If yes, then moving them over so soon will not prevent diseases like ich from being introduced into your tank and there won't be a reason for quarantining any fish in the future since your tank will have ich again.

There really isn't a point to quarantining if you are not going to use copper or hyposalinity while they are in there.

An alternative is to do some water changes to get those levels down. What size is the quarantine tank?

I was treating with only half does cooper. And im sure theres provably still ich in my dt since there was actually fire fish left in there that have ben fine. The qt tank is 26 gl

Since there are fish left in the DT, there is still ich in the DT. The fish may not be showing symptoms, but they are carrying it, and it is there. So it doesn't matter if you were treating the quarantine tank with copper or not -- as soon as you put the new fish in the DT with the firefish, they'd be exposed to the ich again.

If you are going to quarantine for ich, you have to quarantine every fish, and you have to treat at a full dose (using a half dose of copper isn't strong enough to kill ich). What were you quarantining these fish for, and why only treat with half a dose of copper? It's not accomplishing the purpose of quarantining if you leave some fish in the DT and if you don't use the full amount of meds required.

I'd say to move the fish into the DT since they are stressed in the QT. It'd be their best shot. And it doesn't matter if you quarantine new fish or not in the future -- your DT still has ich.

Ok i was treating because they where new fish. I read somewhere that firefish are imune to ich. So i figured it was just worth a shot in hopea to not have any more fish die.

For vitamins, I soaked my food in Selcon. It's not necessary, but it doesn't hurt. Good luck -- I hope they pull through!

Well my kole tang looks way happyer Even happier than in the qt. Hes swimming all around and not hiding like he did in the qt tank. I hope he will be ok. The wrass is now in the tank but in one of those net breeder cage things. I hope he gets better

Last edited:
Well the little wrasse did not make it :( But the kole on the other hand looks like he is back in the ocean lol. swimming all around and everything. i guess the next couple days will tell, Hopefully he eats. He was eating fine in the dt tank so I hope for the same.

Back