HELP!!!! Compatability?

Nonfamous

Reefing newb
I've got a problem and need an answer quickly.

My missing clown has been found. He is in the overflow box. Not sure how I'm going to get him out, but at least he is still alive! I'm very happy about that!!!

Now my urgent issue. I went out this morning and picked up a Maroon clown to replace my Snowflake since I thought he was a goner. Are they at all compatible? OR Do I need to take a trip back to the LFS to return the Maroon? He has been acclimating for about an hour.

Last edited:
hmmm maroons are meanies, i personally wouldnt risk it. You might want to bring the maroon back to the pet store.

Well he is in the tank till at least Tuesday. I can't make it back today and they are closed until Tuesday. Everyone is getting along for now.

If you have a 10g on hand you could always put the maroon in there until you can get him out. Especially since he is larger, I'd be concerned he'll beat up your snowflake (and congrats about finding him by the way!) Good luck!

Maroon clowns are very aggressive. It will kill the other clown almost certainly. I would take him back.

Well so far they seem to be fine. Actually no territorial issues at all and don't seem to realize they are supposed to be antagonists. Actually they seem to be vetoing along swimmingly! Pun intended!

Will still return it as soon as I can unless anyone around my area wants it for free.

Back