help dead fish in rocks

dapple

Salty Dog
I got 2 new dart fish last night. I dripped them for 2 hours. I came home from this morning and only one of them is visible. Does this mean I am going to have to pull all my rock out to find a $8 fish to keep from nuking my tank. P

Since its only been in the tank for less than a day the other one could be hiding still. Give it some time. If it did die your clean up crew should take care of the body.

Muhuwwwa!!!! Crab food. Lol. They took to the system rather easily. They were all over the left side. Out in the open and stuff. Never really hid.

IMAG0414-1.jpg
[/IMG]

Great looking tank. Yeah I wouldn't take out the rock looking for a body. Dartfish are pretty small anyway, not like it was a big fish that could really cause a problem.

How do you like your AI Sol LED's and how many units do you have? I'm giving serious consideration to upgrading to them on my 180, it's just a financial thing right now for me.

The sols are super sweet. Very easy on the power bill. I have 2 units 12" off of water.
IMAG0390-2.jpg

I would recommend them to anyone.

Do you think a 72" tank (180 gallon) would be able to get by with just 3 units, cause any more would just about break the bank.

I have heard of it done. The cost up front sucked. But the whole idea of never buying a light bulb makes me smile. I have mushrooms, lps, sps. Everything is thriving.
IMAG0452.jpg

2nd dartfish came out of hiding. I looked everywhere for it to. I guess I got some good hiding places in those rock piles.

I have 2 Sols over a 90 and they are hung really close to my tank since they are on a premaid hood. I see a little bit of spot lighting (not even) but not enough to look strange. Everything is growing like weeds at this point. I had a Zoa that I put in last week before we went on vacation that was about the size of a dime. We got home on Saturday and it was larger than a quarter. They are awesome. Upfront expense sucks, lights rule.

Dapple,

Glad to hear the second fish finally came out of hiding. Thought he might have been. Are they Firefish or another Dartfish. I have two FireFish that stay out all the time in one tank and two BlueGudgeon (Dartfish) that I hardly ever see in a different tank. The Blue Gudgeon's are pretty fish but I'd never get them again because of that.

Back