Help Help Professional Help Needed...

fishsticks

No clue about reefs
i have a boxfish just bought him im reading they are toxic fish when they feel they r in danger and also they need to be kept in tanks with good friendly fish....
Compatibility: Butterflies, Cardinalfish, Chromis, Clownfish, Damsels, Dartfish, Dragonets, Eels, Filefish, Foxface and Rabbitfish, Gobies, Grunts and Sweetlips, Jawfish, Hogfish, Lions and Scorpions, Parrotfish, Pseudochromis, Squirrelfish, Tangs and Surgeons, Wrasse, Live Corals, Live Rock and Sand.

i have a rusty angel fish, damsel, 2 clowns, 1 randalls goby, 1 fire goby, 1 gragonet spotted goby and thats about it.... is the angel gunna bother it????????????????

Fish,

Too much for your tank....but you already know that.
I have not seen a boxfish living for very long.
As a matter of fact, I have seen a few die at the LFS (very small ones).

You should evaluate what you are going to do with your tank moving forward and keep the fish accordingly. You will probably save yourself many hours of worrying about the tank inhabitants.

Good luck to you. Let us know what happens.

They are extremely difficult to keep alive, even for advanced aquarists. They need 100 gallons plus. They are very toxic and will wipe out your whole tank if they die. They are difficult to get eating and usually starve to death. They are very shy and timid and almost any other fish will be a threat to it. That, the eating, and the toxins are why they are normally kept alone, in their own tank. I would take that fish back ASAP, and research any animals before you buy them in the future. The angel, damsel and clowns will definitely be a problem for the boxfish, if not all the fish.

Your tank is definitely maxed out for fish. In fact, I think it's already overstocked. This is a good excuse to get a bigger tank, but you really need to think about what's best for the animals you already have instead of keeping on buying.

I am a fan of knowing all that I can about a critter before I stuff him in my tank. It is easier for me to not add a fish than try to break down the tank to get the little bastard out!!!

-Doc

Every time I see the title of this thread I instantly think Doc is a professional. Seriously, that is what I think. Maybe I need professional help. Duh, does a dog need a flea collar?

Back