Help Help!

Lopsideful

This is to short to typ
My clownfish is about to die! He is laying on his side breathing heavily! IDK what to do, i tried to do a water change to see if it was the nitrates or something but that didnt help please help fast he only has a few minutes :frustrat:

How long has he been in the tank? Have any of the other fish been picking on him? What about ammonia?

He has been in for about 2 months, a different one died about 2 weeks ago and he has been fine until a few days ago he was getting lower and lower to the botttom of the tank and now he is almost dead, idk about ammonia

When was the last time you tested? If it has been awhile, I would test. There may be nothing you can do. Do you have a quarantine tank you could put him in?

It is sad to see our pets go, but I think I would still test that way you can get the water back into range if its out before you get another fish.

You know as well as I do they are going to ask you what your water parameters are. LOL But sometimes there is no known reason for something like this. I'm not saying that this is the case though.

You need to test everything

Temperature
Salinity
Ammonia
Nitrites
Nitrates
Stray voltage

There's really no way we could tell you what happened just by you telling us the fish was breathing hard.

Back