Help... I need to make a decision...

Ctimpson

Reefing newb
Ok... So I need all of your expert opinions... I am torn between the viper K2 150watt Halides, or a set of T5 lights... I really want the T5's Tek setup, but it is just sooo expensive... I found a guy from my local reef club that is selling the K2 light for 135.00 with 2 phoniex bulbs shipped... What do you guys think?

Thats not a bad price. I have never really wanted MH because I was afraid of heat, but I'm going to add one to my 30 soon here and give it a try. To be honest I have been looking around and havn't seen a deal that good for a clamp on. I would by it.

well then go with the halide. Clams and SPS need that light, I have tried many times to grow clams and SPS under T5 and they just eventually start to die, so I move them to the 850. :)

I have to disagree with Winy.Many local reefers here use T5 and get excellent growth with T5 including myself.Individual reflectors is the key with T5's.Back to the Viper question,excellent price...it should do nicely,IMO.

Im going to disagree with Winy too.
I run T-5s on my 75 that is about 90%SPS.I also keep a clam in there along with an anemone.

what T5's are you all using?

I have coral lifes in my species tanks with SPS in there now the coral isn't dieing but it definately isn't growing as well nor keeping color, they are browning out (just an experement) I have heard that T5's will keep things sustained but not prosper, just what I see. I haven't tried a clam under them, so I can't say for sure on that.

Back