help id-ing please !!

RAYRAY

Tiny Tank Club A+ Member
can I get some help ID-ing please
I am kinda excited about this. I think that the first one is a feather-duster worm and some sponges but the last photo I am lost with..
Any help will be awesome.
thanks

idplease1.JPG

idplease2.JPG

idplease3.JPG

I have these little sponges everywhere on the rocks along with Spirorbid Worms . There are tons of pods now and my water has been stable !!! Looks like some corals are right around the corner !!!!!

in the first picture, one definetely is a feather duster/tube worm. I have between 50-100 in my tank.... never bought one but they all came on my rocks and are all over the place now! =)

no clue about the other thing....

Last edited:
is that what those thingy are sponges i have like 3-4 in my tank and i was kinda getting worried but i guess its nothing to get to humbly an grumby about. kool

the sponges just showed up and started mutipling like crazy. I have like 100 of them. I am more stoked about the feather duster and corious about the last picture. I have no idea what it could be !!! HELP SOMEONE!!!

The duster is just a little tube worm. I have several in my tank. They make a hard calcified shell somehow. Almost like a very thin snail shell. Keep your calcium levels up. I have one thats about 2" tall, 1/8" diameter shell and 3/4" diameter fan.

The stringy looking things are another form of sponge. Mine are pinkish in color and look like gummy worm strings.

I also have the little white sponges. To me, they look like little Q-tips.

All of them are good, and are a sign of at least basic tank stability. You're definitely done with your cycle. :Cheers:

I must've missed the picture of the stringy thing when I looked the first time, but I agree that it also looks like a sponge.

Is it growing in a shaded area of the tank, like the underside of a rock? If so, it's most likely a sponge.

thanks everyone. Actually it is on the side of one rock with plenty of light and on the top of a rock with all the light all the time ?? I looks like clear tubes all together , kindad hard to explain.

still cant figure out what this might be. Cant find it anywhere on the web ???
Does anyone have an idea about these.....
april2008001.JPG

april2008004.JPG

april2008003.JPG

Also finally getting some color on my rocks.
they started out small, like the size of a pea. Now the are about the size of a quarter

so... I found 2 new critters in the tank. My guess would be some sort of sea slug. At least that is how I can explain it. They are about the size of a nassarius snail without a shell ??? ANY GUESSES???? sorry no photos yet.

sounds like what i've got crawlin around my tank. do they have a shell just very low profile that pretty much blends in with there body?

Does it have a shell on it's back that kind of looks like the shape of a fingernail. If so it's a Stomatella. They usally roam at night. If so it a good clean up crew. They also can breed and reef safe.

If it's a slug, it's probably some sort of nudibranch. There are so many different types of nudibranchs, but almost all of them have very specialized diets and don't live long in our tanks because of that. Most of them are not reef safe, either. If you see them again and confirm that they do not have shells, I'd remove them.

i'm gonna try to get a photo!!! when they get on the glass they look like a snail, even the way they eat. they are both like a light tan color. they look soft but I will try to check. Its hard with my tank being 2 ft deep just to grab them

ok i just checked melevsreef.com and Piggy is right. it is a stometella. It has a photo of one and I'll be darn. I guess it is a shell on top. It just does look hard like a shell looks!!! good job piggy!!! Thanks everyone!

Back