help identify eel

christine121

Reefing newb
hi could anyone please help me identify her,there has been alot of comments on other forums and someone suggested she may be a marine species so i have come here in the hope of someone being able to identify her species,any help will be greatly appriciated thanks.

Attachments

• SDC11699.jpg
    SDC11699.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 1,872
  • SDC11704.jpg
    SDC11704.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 7,782
  • SDC11705.jpg
    SDC11705.jpg
    50.1 KB · Views: 2,752
Hello and welcome

If its a marine species and its in a freshwater tank, i dont think it would last longer than a few hours.

It also doesnt look like any saltwater eel i have seen.

Youre welcome!

Good luck finding out what she is. She looks like she might posses some rare genetic trait that has made her white but not albino. Perhaps compare to other eels with different coloration and see which ones have a similar body type to identify her.

I have never seen a saltwater eel like that either. Good luck figuring out her identity; sorry I couldn't have been more of a help.

Sorry its taken so long for me to see this BUUUUT You have a Swamp Eel there... they are a spotted eel but the most commonly found albino eels :) they are actually used for lots of sushi (blech btw) and oriental dishes

to be 100% accurate swamp eels aren't even true eels... just in the family ;) but they are 100% freshwater so if she's there good job :)

Sorry its taken so long for me to see this BUUUUT You have a Swamp Eel there... they are a spotted eel but the most commonly found albino eels :) they are actually used for lots of sushi (blech btw) and oriental dishes

to be 100% accurate swamp eels aren't even true eels... just in the family ;) but they are 100% freshwater so if she's there good job :)

Eel rolls are the BEST! MMMMMM

Back