"Help, I've Fallen and I Can't Get Up!"

FishyReef

Broke Reefer!
One of my chestnut turbo snails fell down between some rocks and I can see him laying on his back and unsuccessfully trying to turn over! I can't reach him, and I don't know if he can turn himself over on his own! One of nassy's came over to check him out then left, like "hey, you're on your own buddy!" Ideas? Thanks!

Turbos are notorious for being dumbasses and getting themselves into that situation.
Got anything you can stick back there to try and knock him over? Otherwise he may very well be a goner before too long.

Turbos are notorious for being dumbasses and getting themselves into that situation.
Got anything you can stick back there to try and knock him over? Otherwise he may very well be a goner before too long.

Bummer! I tried with some hard plastic tubing and also a coat hanger - no luck, he's too far underneath a ledge, with rocks in the way. Guess he'll make a nice snack for the crab or shrimp :(

Heheheh...I lost all my turbos that way; never get them again!

I'm not too upset about it - I ordered 8 - LA advertised them as being from 3/4in to 2in in size when purchased, and reaching a max size of 2in, so I figured I get some small and medium sized ones - instead they sent me 6 x-large ones (at least 3 have to be over 2 inches), and they sent me 3 more than I ordered. They've already decimated the hair algae I had. One lost just leaves more food for the others, and helps to feed my crab at the same time lol. I shouldn't be so cavalier about it, but these things happen. Crab better enjoy his $2 meal!

Turbo's are one of the worst snails to deal with in a reef.Can't flip themselves over,knock over corals.But they DO help with the algae IF you can keep em alive long enough.

Turbo's are one of the worst snails to deal with in a reef.Can't flip themselves over,knock over corals.But they DO help with the algae IF you can keep em alive long enough.

Well, they certainly took care of the algae problem I had, and with 11 of them I should have at least 1 or 2 that survive a little while to keep the algae at bay for the time being. Stupid but effective snails!

I think it finally died, my nassiarus snails are coming out of the rockwork - there are 4 of them on it all of a sudden, and one of my shrimp is competing with the snails to get access to it. Gross but also pretty fascinating!

Back