Help.. JBJ 28G LED lights went out.

laga

Reefing newb
Yesterday, my 6 month old JBJ 28G led lights just went out along with the cooling fans. I know nothing about these hoods, can someone give some advice on how to fix? It came with a 6 month warranty, but I don`t think I ever sent in the card which is required for coverage.

Yes, i understand your outlet works. There is no way 110v go into your day lights and your fans directly. There is a little box looking thingy called a power supply that transforms it down to run the lights.

Went to LFS and I can rent a MH light for $20 until I get my hood fixed. I took hood apart and the fans are working but not the lights. I have a hearing problem and did not have aid in at first. It has to be the transformer, power going in, nothing out. Anyone know of a place to get LCD power supplies?

Are your fans run off a separate power supply? I have had this happen on mine as well, and it was just one led that was dead and caused nonebofbthat string to light up.

You can get parts from Rapid LED, do a google search.

Are your fans run off a separate power supply? I have had this happen on mine as well, and it was just one led that was dead and caused nonebofbthat string to light up.

You can get parts from Rapid LED, do a google search.

Yes, fans are run on separate line. I will check out Rapid. Thanks

JBJ sent me a replacement driver. Had to insist on 3 day UPS express to receive it quickly for the corals. New one works fine and everything is happy. In all, good customer service from JBJ.

Back