PH = (8.1/8.3)
Temp = (75/82) f
Nitrates = (0/20 ppm)
Nitrites = (0/? ppm)
Ammonia = (0/? ppm)
Alkalinty = ( ?/? )
Calcium = ( ?/? )
Magnesium = (?/?)

can you please help fill out the rest of this chart for me as i want to know what the min max could be for a full reef tank that im starting....... also as there is no guide like this here maybe it will help others..... if there is any thing else that needs to be tested could you please add them and send it all back to me..... thanks lee:bowdown:

MAX/MIN

s.g. = (1.020/1.024) @ 76 f 1.023 - 1.025
Salinity = (28/35 ppm)
PH = (8.1/8.3)
Temp = (75/82) f you want to keep this stable within 2 - 3 degrees
Nitrates = (0/20 ppm) 0 - 10
Nitrites = (0/? ppm) 0
Ammonia = (0/? ppm) 0
Alkalinty = ( ?/? ) 8 - 10
Calcium = ( ?/? ) 420 - 500
Magnesium = (?/?)

can you please help fill out the rest of this chart for me as i want to know what the min max could be for a full reef tank that im starting....... also as there is no guide like this here maybe it will help others..... if there is any thing else that needs to be tested could you please add them and send it all back to me..... thanks lee:bowdown:

The key to a sucessful reef tank is stability.

MAX/MIN

s.g. = (1.020/1.024) @ 76 f 1.025 to 1.026
Salinity = (28/35 ppm) 35 to 36 PPT
PH = (8.1/8.3) 8.0 to 8.5
Temp = (75/82) f stable
Nitrates = (0/20 ppm)No higher than 10
Nitrites = (0/? ppm)should always be 0
Ammonia = (0/? ppm)should always be 0
Alkalinty = ( ?/? )8 to 12 DKH
Calcium = ( ?/? )400 to 500
Magnesium = (?/?) 1250 to 1400

Like Winy said.Its got to be stable.

Not really. That's about it. Basically, as long as whatever parameter you have, just stay close to what you have and don't change too much within a day, you'll be fine.

If your Ammonia and Nitrite are not at zero yet, no need to do water change. Lowering the Ammonia and Nitrite by water change is pointless anyway. You do want more Nitrifying bacteria to grow and let them take care of the Ammonia and Nitrite for you.

However, if you have lot of dead stuff coming off from the rocks or the water is cloudy, it's gonna take longer for those dirty stuff to break down into Ammonia. Then, you should do water change to remove those stuff.

I just got some new LR and they had lot of soon-to-be-dead stuff on it. After a few days, I stir the big bucket that's holding the rocks, lots and lots of "stuff" at the bottom and the water was very cloudy. I did 100% water change to remove all the "stuff". :)

Last edited:
If your Ammonia and Nitrite are not at zero yet, no need to do water change. Lowering the Ammonia and Nitrite by water change is pointless anyway. You do want more Nitrifying bacteria to grow and let them take care of the Ammonia and Nitrite for you.

However, if you have lot of dead stuff coming off from the rocks or the water is cloudy, it's gonna take longer for those dirty stuff to break down into Ammonia. Then, you should do water change to remove those stuff.

I just got some new LR and they had lot of soon-to-be-dead stuff on it. After a few days, I stir the big bucket that's holding the rocks, lots and lots of "stuff" at the bottom and the water was very cloudy. I did 100% water change to remove all the "stuff". :)[/QUOTE

it all seams to be good, no smells, clear water, ph,sg,temp ect seam to have leveled off i used LR/LS/RO DI, REDSEA SALT also some sand from the LFS system to help seed the tank but im waiting for a wile to see how thing change.... im even ghost feeding the tank a small amount of food every few days to see how that goes.... and maybe in a few months or so i might get a fish..... thanks for all the advise....

Back