Help me figure out what to stock in my tank, please

ilyad

Reefing newb
Hey guys,

Im trying to figure out what are the things I can stock in my tank so that everybody is happy and nobody is hurting anyone...

So far I have the following livestock:

1 Clownfish
4 Turbo Snails
4 Nassarius Snails
1 Super Nassarius Snail
Several Hermit Crabs
1 Tuxedo Urchin
1 Zoa colony
1 Neon Green Candy Cane
1 Burgundy/Teal Candy Cane
1 Duncan
1 Captain America Polys
1 Frogspawn
2 Ricordea mushrooms

I would like to keep the price under $100 for each of the potential guys, but preferably not make it that each will be that expensive

Here is what Im thinking so far:
Blastomussa (I really like how these look)
Feather Duster
Xenia Coral (getting one for free from a buddy)
Chalice
T. Maxima Clam
Blood Red Fire Shrimp

I know that all of those could do well in my tank

Lets see some suggestions for some awesome corals as well as 2 more fish I can get for the tank.

Thanks!!!

PS. I really want something yellow in my tank whether that be a cool coral or a fish and as of right now, I want color!!! (not so much green, because I have a good amount with my zoas, the frogspawn and the candy cane) :mrgreen: a green smiley for all the green in the tank

Here is a FTS for reference of where everything is placed.

IMG_1452.jpg

I plan to stick the Xenia behind the Duncan; the T Clam and Feather Duster in the open space in the front right; and that Blaso in the open space in the middle of the tank behind the Zoas

i think your ricordias would open up more if you put them on the sand bed, they are probably getting blasted from the leds. how about some sps on that top rock?

or a yellow watchman goby

I like those guys too... they're in my tentative purchases... but do they need a deeper sand bed? Mine only has about 20 lbs of live sand, of which maybe a good 3lbs has been sucked out through cleaning

i think your ricordias would open up more if you put them on the sand bed, they are probably getting blasted from the leds. how about some sps on that top rock?

The ric's have opened up a lot more since the picture was taken (those were right when I put them in the tank)

They came from the store where they were under some powerful LED's so they seem to have been acclimated to the light. They seem happy as of right now, and I really like them in that spot. I will keep an eye on them and if they seem to be stressed, i'll move them lower.

And Im considering some sps's for the upper part, would you recommend any good hardy ones Nano?

Also, if you look at the full picture of the tank, the rocks only go about half way up in the tank
IMG_1367.jpg

So the rics are only about 4 inches away from the sandbed... It looks like they're a lot closer to the lights because I cropped the picture to leave all the empty space out

Back