Help me identify those

Pysiek

Reefing newb
Hey guys
I have those for a while and have not feed them since then. Please help me identify those so I can do research on how to feed them,how often and with what.
Thanks
Candidate number 1

DSC08456_zpsa9afa2ab.jpg

Candidate number 2

DSC08445_zps1c94e6ea.jpg

Candidate number 3

DSC08444_zps4400bb3b.jpg

Candidate number 4

DSC08443_zpsf8bb5cfa.jpg

Candidate number 5

DSC08442_zps6c22b2b8.jpg

#1 is actually a toadstool and doesnt require any feedings.
#4 is a type of leather, i think its called a napthia coral.
None of these guys have mouths to feed.

#2,3 are correct, and can be fed but dont need to

#5 could be a bubble tip, which needs quite a bit more care than the others you have listed.

I feed the bubble tip with krill. Does it required a lot of flow? Also I put some mysis shrimp on number 2 and 3 and it looks like they grab it .

They need pristine water quality, really high lighting conditions and stability. We really dont recommend them in a tank younger than a year old, because they can be very challenging to care for.

They need pristine water quality, really high lighting conditions and stability. We really dont recommend them in a tank younger than a year old, because they can be very challenging to care for.
I wish I could now that earlier. I told the guy who sold it to me that my tank is about 3 months old and he said it should be okay

Ya.... i hear that kind of thing a lot when someone is trying to get rid of something. But your looks like its attached to the rock and isnt white, so you might end up being ok. Just make sure you keep up with the water quality and make sure your lights are appropriate for keeping nems.

Guys I need more help. I just finished doing a maintenance and found those thins in my sump. They stick to the walls and some of them got pretty big. I have discovered them when I trimmed my cheato. What are these? Also they start to show up in the main tank. On the back wall.
I assume those big ones (pictures below) are dead already
DSC08459_zpsd265a1ed.jpg

DSC08462_zpsce9a8139.jpg

DSC08464_zps2471a31d.jpg

DSC08465_zpsba96de96.jpg

DSC08466_zpsa20ea24c.jpg

DSC08467_zps1d9e0ae0.jpg

I thought those might be a bad creatures. They will not harm my water when they die? Are there any fishes that feed on them?

Nope, they will come and go as the nutrients in your water increase and decrease. Anything that would eat them would also go after your corals. I wouldn't worry about them

Okay guys I have one more to identify. I found it this morning when my lights were off. It looks like a snail without the shell. Looks exactly like my sand and was sitting on one of the rocks. I never noticed it before. No picture yet but I hope I will find it later and be able to take one.
Is it possible that it was a snail that lost his shell? I did see two small tentacles.

Last edited:
It might be. I will take a better look afternoon. I hope I will be able to find it. This morning was to dark and I can't really take a good look at that creature :-)

Okay guys I tried to find it last night but with the lights on I can't spot it. So I decided to take a look again this morning (4:30am) before work. I used flashlight since my tank lights are off at that time and right away I spot it again crawling on my rock. Tried to take a picture of it but every time I point the light at it , he is hiding.
Maybe I will be lucky to find a photo on internet.
02/21/13
Sounds like a stomatella snail so look that up and see if that is what you have.
I think you were right. It looks like a stomatella snail http://www.aquaticcommunity.com/SwSnails/Stomatella.php

Last edited:
The shell on them is really hard to see its just a sliver like a finger nail. I have 6 or 7 of them in my tank. All hitchhiked in...

Last night I found another one. But this one have a dark body (brown) and it look like it does have a shell but very thin. When the lights are on he hides in holes

Back