Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Formosa Wrasse

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Clownfish black and white

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • Purple firefish

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
I just looked at the wrasse you have listed on Drs Foster.com They have it rated for a 180gal tank and that it needs 4-6in of sand to burry it self in. Not sure if this is correct:grumble: But that is a sweet looking fish.
With being the bearer of bad news:frustrat: I have a black and white clown not that much of an all over swimmer, and a fire fish not much of a mover. I also have a flame angel, good swimmer, always out when the lights are on, but if everyone is saying more room. That sucks:grumble: I am going with the lemon peel

I just looked at the wrasse you have listed on Drs Foster.com They have it rated for a 180gal tank and that it needs 4-6in of sand to burry it self in. Not sure if this is correct:grumble: But that is a sweet looking fish.
With being the bearer of bad news:frustrat: I have a black and white clown not that much of an all over swimmer, and a fire fish not much of a mover. I also have a flame angel, good swimmer, always out when the lights are on, but if everyone is saying more room. That sucks:grumble: I am going with the lemon peel

Oh jeez I did just look at that wrasee and see it needs a ginourmous tank thats out for sure.

Does anyone have any suggestions of other smaller fishes that are colorful and swimmy maybe I can hunt down from another store or online?

My firefish is like wontons, it just hovers in one spot all day long. Same with my clowns, they just like hanging out in their mushroom patch all day. I'd look at wrasses like the six-line or the four-line. It's in the same family as the six-line but not seen as often, I think they're very cool.

I think that most fish that move around a lot need larger tanks, I've pretty must just started messing around with this aquarium stuff but I can't think of any fish that is what you want. Waddi, that's a really cool looking clown.

I voted for the clowns, i think they are goofy and sweet. Plus, no tank is complete with out a pair!

But otherwise i would vote for 6 line or 4 line like BL1 suggested

I just got a yellow assessor.....she's pretty =)

my firefish was orange and he was cool till he jumped

ive also had a pair of black clowns that died at the fin of a devil dmasel....

outa the picks u gave me....firefish...

What about some kind of goby?? Yellow watchman??

I have a diamond goby already

i realize its not on your list, but my LFS had one of these and it was a pretty cool fish

like it thanks for the suggestion!

[/url]

I voted for the clowns, i think they are goofy and sweet. Plus, no tank is complete with out a pair!

Would a pair be to many ?

How about a Yellowhead Jawfish? I've read that while they don't swim much, they do like to sit out and people watch.

I think it might fight with the goby

I just got a yellow assessor.....she's pretty =)

my firefish was orange and he was cool till he jumped

ive also had a pair of black clowns that died at the fin of a devil dmasel....

outa the picks u gave me....firefish...

Well I have a screen top no worries.

Did you like the clowns?

I like the assessor seems a bit pricy online though

I don't know I had a coral beauty in a 30 for 2 yrs and it seemed happy enough.. gave the tank to a friend and a year later it is still doing wonderful...

It seems like it depends on the individual. Some firefish will be active and some will not, while some clowns will be active and others not.

oops my bad...:frustrat: Thought I saw it was a 30.. Yeah I wouldn't go under a 30 either..
I would probably go with a six line myself.. much more movement...

Last edited:
A pair of clowns should be fine, and fun to watch! Very interactive. I love when mine poke their heads out of the water to see me open the top! I had 2 clowns, 2 Bangaii Cards and a diamond goby in my 28 cube for over a year. Would still be fine now, but I have graduated to a 65g! Good luck in your choice!

I don't know if you have room for a pair. Since they don't swim around too much the fish you have we can say that each of them gets 7 gallons and clowns would get 10 gallons each. [7 X 2] + [10 X 2(pair)] = 34. I don't think you have enough room for a pair.

Back