Help meeeee (so i don't mess it up)

Replace the entire hood? blaah. Was afraid of that. So basically a skimmer is a more advanced filter... and If I have a skimmer, I won't need a filter?

Flakes are baaad in saltwater. And frozen food is usually fortified too. Avoid flakes and pellets, they contain ash which turns into phosphates in your tank = ALGAE!

If you have a GOOD skimmer, you won't need a filter. There are a lot of pieces of crap out there that claim to be skimmers. Avoid Sea Clones. You can get a good skimmer for less than $100, people seem to like the Coral Life Super Skimmers a lot. Any other good skimmers are going to run you in the several hundreds of $$$ range.

wowee. $100 fora skimmer? whew. lol that $100 is all I have saved up right now. :( Maybe i should stick with the filter for now and get a skimmer later maybe. or my filter and some other form of cleaning like maybe. i duno. lol another filter. :( I'm poor but I want a tank so badly.

Yeah. phew. good to hear. I'm just starting out, so I won't want to put in alot of fish right now. I don't want to mess up and kill all the fish. #1, they are cute and shouldn't die because if my mistakes. #2, they are expensive to replace. saltwater fish are pricey from what I'm seen.

I will probably go with the walmart aquarium for now. Saltwater fish are expensive so it will be awhile before I stock with more than a few fish and move to corals. Some of those fish are 50 bucks. That would be crumby to buy a 50 dollar fish and have it die on me in a week because my skills are no good.

also my recomendation is to read the helpfull articles on top..there youll be able to read usefull info to get you started..heres one
Beginning Saltwater Aquaria there youll have info on ligths , tanks filters etc..the key of succes is reading..get some teory , then practice..good luck!!

what's "omnivore"? does that mean they will eat both live food and flakes? With the different herbevore, omnivore and carnivore, how would I go about feeding them properly?

Omnivore eats meats and plants. Herbivore eats plants only. Carnivore eats meats only. Although with fish, there aren't any strict carnivores or herbivores. There are different foods for different types of fish. They make frozen foods for all three types, and herbivores (like tangs) should also be fed dried seaweed sheets.

Back