Help meeeee (so i don't mess it up)

Yeah I don't know if I would put it on your dresser anyways. Those things are HEAVY once they are filled with sand, water and rocks. Can you return the tank?

Well, I went and priced some aquarium stands and they cost more than I can afford at the moment, so I might go to 84 lumber, get some materials and ... try... to build one myself. Hmm. Duno how that will turn out. Another problem. Tanks have to be kept level? Wel, the floor in this apartment is kinda crooked. hmmmm....

Thats a simple fix.Just pick up a little torpedo level while at 84.Its not hard to build a stand,just make sure you build it sturdy.
And for pete sake,use #16 nails or 1/2 inch lag bolts.

If I can make my own stand anyone can. Just remember to make it sturdy to support all the weight. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

hmm. Yeah. it doesn't seem too terribly difficult so I might give it a go this weekend. I might even go a little more fancy. get a few hinges and who knows. ad doors and a little compartment. I'll check out 84 lumber and find out what the cost of materials would be and what type of wood they recommend. hmmmm. interesting. I've never done any carpentry stuff before. heh. tho I think i missed the crack about the 3" screws. :)

Awesome. there's a local fish store here in town that will sell me an old display stand they have in the back for my aquarium stand. It will work ok I think and she'll let me have it for $30. That works out for me ok.

Back