Help, messed up on new fish!! Need answer NOW!

fastzorro

Reefing newb
Hi

I just introduced 4 new fish into my newly cycled saltwater tank. The prt store owner was not to clear on just how to do it. I floted the fish for 20 minutes but I did not introduce the water in the bag like I should have. Will my fish die now? What can i do to de-stress them as much as possible...HELP!

What type of fish are they? It's best to introduce one at a time with a week or two in between. They might survive, but its best to leave them alone at this point.

If they're already in the tank then there's not much you can really do except wait. You can try to shut the lights off for the day so they can go to sleep and relax. And check on them tomorrow. What types of fish are they, some fish are hardier and can survive worse conditions. Also, for future reference adding that many fish to a tank isn't good, especially a newly cycled one! You should only add one fish every 3-4 weeks to give your tank time to catch up to the high bioload.

Also, Welcome to the site!

Thanks everyone. I should have done more research. The fish are a mid size yellow flat looking one, a mid size blue flat looking one and 2, 1" clown fish (you sure can see I'm new to this in telling you what fish I have).

Hahaha! Exactly what I thought.

That's a yellow tang and a hippo tang. Both of them will get too large for your tank. So you should think about taking them back, or upgrading tank size. The clowns are perfect for your tank.

Well, the pet shop said once bought they're mine! So I guess I will keep them them till then. Do you think they will live ok since I screwed up? Are they harty fish? I did this about 2 hours ago. The clown fish are staying at the top of the tank right now (lights off)..

Unfortunately, tangs aren't very hardy and can get sick very easily when stressed. And being in such a small tank will stress them. I would try to find another store to shop at because the one you went to clearly doesn't seem to have you or the fish they sells best interests at heart.

This situation can get real bad real fast. For future reference I say to always research anything before you buy it. Seems like your store wanted to sell you something just to take your money.

Oh boy, well, lesson learned. Thank you very much for the advise. It's nice to find kind people. Have a great evening............

yes indeed we got your back there is always someone here that has an answer as i have found out they are all great people. Sure some do go off topic but when its crunch time and the game is on these folk know the stuff... you have a good evening as well fastzorro

Back