Help my Clown!!

drm180

Reefing newb
I just looked in my tank and one of my Percula Clowns was lying on the sandbed in the corner. The other one is fine as are the corals. It got up when I tapped the glass a swam around a bit but now it is beck down there breathing heavily. What could be wrong with him? Is there anything I can do? I don't see anything different about him.

Standard questions -- how long has the tank been up, ammonia, nitrite, nitrates, how long have you had the clown? Could just be one of those bad luck things. We can't know until we get more details. Clowns are funny to begin with, but if he's breathing heavy, he is either ill or very stressed about something. Maybe the other clown has been picking on him.

Been up for almost 4 months. I've had it for a little over 2 months. Ammona, nitrite, nitrate all 0. pH is 8.2. SG is 1.026 like always. Nothing has changed that I know of.

Maybe he has parasites, you might want to try a freshwater dip wont hurt anything, if that does not work you might want to try putting him in a quarantine tank and seeing how that goes, there are many things you can do

It won't stress her out too much since she's already gasping and acting so strange? I don't have a quarantine set up becasue I don't have room for it yet.

Maybe he's just tired of swimming all the time. After all, he is a clown. I know my flippers would get sick of paddling 24/7.

Putting him in another tank will stress him more. He has a better change of surviving if you just let him alone. Sometime these things just happen. I hope he comes around for you

Hahaha...we're forgetting that he probably just got his butt whipped by the female clown, which is why he's breathing hard and cowering in the corner.

I think this one is the female. It's just a little bigger than the other but they aren't taking much interest in each other yet. It's acting a lot better now though. Thanks everyone.

Back