Help!!! My LR is turning white

Nateman3025

Reefing newb
Hi, i just put live rock i bought from someone on kijiji it is filled with coraline algae But now after 3 days its turning white. Is this normal? Ammonia-0.25 Nitrite-0ppm Nitrates-10ppm

This is a new tank by the looks of it and you are having a spike in ammonia which suggests your tank is still cycling. I personally would not worry about.

Let your tank settle itself, do some water changes and let it all grow back and balance out.

Corraline grows so quick when your established it becomes a pest lol

+1 josh....corraline will come back and you won't even remember the rock being white. Air kills coraline. So unless you kept it submerged the whole time, it was unavoidable.

Ok thanks alot i was getting worried. I thought it was my light i just got a regular white light on it. Would changing the bulb help too one of those marine blue ones till i get proper lighting

During water changes I baste the rock above the low water line and it does help keep the coralline from turning white.

Yep, don't worry about it. That will happen every time you take the rock out of the water for more than a few minutes. It will grow back.

Back