HELP! My occellaris isn't doing well

TKC_Tank

Reefing newb
I noticed yesterday that my occellaris had some damage done to his tail fin. At first I thought maybe the powerhead got him, but it looks too much like someone has been nipping at him. Then this afternoon I noticed that there is more damage. All of thin/fine part of his tail is gone and now it is just the meaty part. He has completely moved areas in the tank (he used to hang out by the powerhead and now he's on the opposite side of tank, away from other fish). He also isn't eating well anymore.

Can one of these guys be bullying my clown?
Here is a list of our sea life:
yellow eyed tang
yellow tang
melanarus wrasse (small 2")
coral banded shrimp

Any help would be great, I don't want to lose the little guy and I'm not set up with a separate tank.

my guess is it's the shrimp...coral banded shrimps can be buttholes and will prey on small fish when the opportunity is there

he is probably doing it at night when the clown sleeps

what are your water parameters and tank size?

Yes! that is exactly what I just learned. I spent some time in the LFS and the guy said he would buy the shrimp back from me. So adios, he's gone, and hopefully the occellaris will survive. The shrimp was a jerk anyway. He was always trying to rule the tank.

Yes! that is exactly what I just learned. I spent some time in the LFS and the guy said he would buy the shrimp back from me. So adios, he's gone, and hopefully the occellaris will survive. The shrimp was a jerk anyway. He was always trying to rule the tank.
I've had decent success with marine mela fix use small doses and increase water changes but it fixes find no problem

If it keeps happening, it could also be the kole. I had one...got rid of him because he was a butt munch. Bullied my goby to the death. Once he was gone, everyone was copacetic.

If it keeps happening, it could also be the kole. I had one...got rid of him because he was a butt munch. Bullied my goby to the death. Once he was gone, everyone was copacetic.

My kole is actually very timid. She hides whenever we get too close to the tank and she is very mellow to the other fish. Only recently has she started to warm up to me, specifically at meal times :)

Back