HELP - My starfish has a HUGE hole in the head

I'd say his odds are about the same.
I'd just watch him for a few days and if the hole keeps growing,then I'd pull him out.

As of right now, the whole has closed. I can not see into the head anymore. He has been coming out and climbing around in the tank. He is not eating with the same vigor still that he had before the hole, but he seems to be better for the time being.

Oh wow! If the hole closed up and he is doing okay, I will have to eat my words! I have never heard of one recovering from that condition, so congrats if yours is doing well!

I'm still holding my breath. We will see. I am very surprised though, I kept checking the tank everyday for bodyless legs running around :)

Great :(
Something to look forward to. Good thing my dogs try and eat anything on the floor that moves :)
Maybe they can get them before they find me.

oh man, scorpians, man we got thoes critters this year, first it was too dry, and that drove them into the house... now its too wet, and they are looking for higher ground... they are just the little brown ones, but they still cary a punch.. my wife got stung by one a few years back,,, she just got out of the shower, pulled on her underwear, and promptly pulled them right back off, there was one in the panties, and he got her, oh, about an inch to the right of her taint...

We got 'em here, that's for sure. Big yellow ones. I've been stung twice on the bottom of my foot. That's why I wear those Crocs things! It hurts like a MF

i've only ever been stuck by a baby brown... and i do mean a baby, it scared me more than it hurt, cause supposedly i'm alergic to bee stings, but we dont know for sure, so i wasnt sure how i would react, but really, for me, it was more the puncture would, than the poison, if he injected any, i dunno, it never puffed up, or got red, but i could tell i got poked with something, kinda felt like after you poke yourself with a sewing needle(yea i can sew, and i can sew well, so drop it)

Back