HELP - My starfish has a HUGE hole in the head

The scorpions here have a nasty sting that can kill a small child or pet. When I have been stung my entire leg went numb.

Last night the new kitten found one in the house and of course wanted to play with it. Lucky he didn't get stung. Could have killed him.

David, have you tried sprinkling diatomaceous earth around your house? That will keep the scorpions out and is non-toxic to your pets (it's basically dead diatoms). We were getting earwigs and giant ants in the house, so I bought a bag of the stuff at Home Depot and sprinkled it outside along the walls, and since then I haven't found one bug in the house.

At first I was going to recommend you remove it and shoot it. But since the hole filled in and we've not read any death reports, I'm forced to alter my position. I cannot, in good conscience, recommend shooting it at this time.

Maybe later...... :mrgreen:

David, have you tried sprinkling diatomaceous earth around your house? That will keep the scorpions out and is non-toxic to your pets (it's basically dead diatoms). We were getting earwigs and giant ants in the house, so I bought a bag of the stuff at Home Depot and sprinkled it outside along the walls, and since then I haven't found one bug in the house.

Thank you Biff. I'll look into it. Someone else recommended it before on here, but I thought they said to use it inside the house around the baseboards and I thought sprinkle dirt in the house hell no!

Last edited:
You can use it inside and outside, but I didn't want to use it inside either. All my bugs were coming in from the outside (underneath the back door), so I figured it'd work just the same outside the house and it did.

My starfish has started eating again. He still does not move around as much as he used to. He is still hiding, but he comes out and grabs food and then goes back into hiding again. I guess a little more time and he should be back to normal. :)

Good news Lily, glad you didn't remove him and toss him in the toilet! This means something must have eaten on him and that he didn't have a disease.

I just stumbled across this thread while searching stray voltage . . .

Suspenseful read. How is your star now? Did he make it through the last 6 months?!

Back