Help needed!!! :help!:

when you cycle it starts at perfect, then goes reallllllllll bad, then almost perfect again. But unless you see the spike (on the test) odds are it didnt cycle.

If it didnt cycle in the first place, adding a fish WOULD cause it to cycle.

They are not trying to be mean i can assure you that, its just without seeing the spike it very well may be not cycled.

How exactly did you cycle it?

While dosing medications may change water parameters, I highly doubt its going to lead to ammonia creation.

Back before I knew what i was doing in this hobby, I dosed melafix in my display tank as well. This is in direct violation of one of the cardinal rules of reef keeping

NEVER dose meds in the display tank.

In any case, its obvious that the only people you're willing to take seriously are those that agree with the conclusions that you have already drawn, so I won't be wasting any more of my time or effort in assisting you with your issues

So by all means, carry on dosing your DT with things that you aren't testing for (because test kits are optional right?) and buying sick fish

Northstar24 - with all respect, I don't take seriously ppl that agree with the conclusions ive drawn. I havent drawn any. it was just a theory. While i was saying my cycle was perfect by the time i added fish no one was taking me seriously cuz you saw the current parameters of my water and concluded it was impossible to happen and kept telling my about that damn cycle and that i added fish too soon. Its not that the med leaded to creation of ammonia.This med must have killed off the beneficial bacteria in the tank..and as nitrifying bacteria use oxygen and alkalinity to convert ammonia and nitrite into the less toxic byproduct (nitrate).. i conclude now that the beneficial ones were being killed slowly.. Thats the point. That was the cause of my cycle changing.. it started as soon as i added it into the main tank.
I agree with you and ive learned my lesson now.. --> To never pour meds in the display tank. This is something i shouldnt have done.. Again thanks for the interest and again.. the main tank is going well now. Its stable.

Dont misunderstand me. I was waiting to hear "something new" besides the "wrong cycle" i was having which was obvious! You just took your conclusions too fast i mean look:(some of conclusions)

- i have too many fish in my 60 lt tank (2clownies)
- My cycle wasnt "ready" - i replied that it was before and i told ya i seek the cause of a sudden change.
- i am not aware that in a cycled tank ammonia and nitrite are not detectable (then why im asking for sb to tell me the cause of changed cycle?)
- i was dosing calcium and i wasnt testing it - true, but would it cause a change in parameters of ammonia/nitrite? (sb tell me cuz i may be mistaken)?

these were som conclusions i heard and really nothing solved the prob. You think i wasnt listening too? you said i wasnt testing calcium i stopped dosing - nothing changed, u said my tank was overcrowded - i sent my sick clownie for vacations to a quarantine tank immediately. - still nothing. Did water changes of 25% percent every day - params of ammonia changed for a while but then got back to worse - cause? no beneficial (nitifying) bacterias to resolve them... i was comming back here every evening to check for another possible cause... but you thought i was attacking you i guess and thinking i knew what im doing exactly and comming here and actually doing what you say. Does it make any sense at all? And when i was telling you that its not the cause, no its not the cause.. no.. you were like --> Oh, you really think we dont know what we're saying? No .I kept telling it cuz nothing worked for me. .. finally sb told about meds.. tried it. And admitted it really worked. I had such a theory in my head but waited for sb to confirm it so tht i dont make anything stupid.. it worked.. now my main tank is ok and im not going to add any med to it.

Dont go back to that fish store. If one tanks has the fin rot, alll the tanks have fin rot.

Pet stores usually run all their tanks through one sump. So if one tank gets sick.... well you know how it goes.

You could mention it to the store, but i find that rarely gets anything done. I find reef stores are better than pet stores, bc they pay more attention to the fish. Otherwise i find the furry and feathered friends get ALL the attention.

I offered to help get rid of the cyano in pets unlimited, but i got kicked out lmao. Needless to say that store is dry goods only for me.

So true... Actually i went to that pet store found that guy and told him that he gave me a sick with fin rot.. You know what he told me? Its impossible! I got really upset and told me how the hell could he miss a white cotton ona a orange coloured fish... Then he said that maybe i am right.. and he asked me if i mean the bigger one, i siad yes! So you knw something about it.. Then he started telling me that it happens... he didnt think it was dnagerous and such things then asked me if i want to buy melafix for "only" 29euro for the smallest bottle.. -.- I got really upset and told him a couple of things, and left.. -.- ghrrr...

Back