Help needed please

RyanG

Reef enthusiast
My long time girlfriend and I very recently split up and the prospect of breaking down my system is really getting to me. Is there any way to get this thing reliable and efficient enough to be on its own for 4 days a week? I have an AC Apex available to me but Im having a hard time programming it.

Please help if you have any ideas. The thought of losing my hobby and my family at the same time is killing me.

I hope you can figure out how to keep your tank going Ryan, it sucks to hear when people have to do it.

What do you normally have to do with your tank for the four days you'll be away from it?

Daily five gallon top offs, manually plugging in the lights and feeding frozen are the day to day stuff.

Sorry to hear that bro...have you considered making everything automatic...auto top off, automatic feeder, and timer for the lights.
I hope the best for you.

Timers for lights are really cheap, so thats something that would be easy, the auto top off is a little bit harder but definitely worth it!

you can get away without feeding everyday, i feed like once whenever i feel like it :) and my fish are nice and fat.

Sorry to hear this Ryan. Like the others have stated, timers for your lights, and an ATO for top off. Only problem I see is that you are going through 5 gallons a day, so the reservoir I assume will need to be refilled continuously through out those 4 days. You can also put your calcium and magnesium supplements into the top off water. As for the Apex, RC has a Neptune Systems forum with some very knowledgeable people. Look for a guy named Russ, he is super cool and has offered help over the phone.

Thanks for the help guys, my robotic engineer brother is coming to look at the controller tomorrow to help out with programming.

Back