Help needed please.

parkerm35

Reefing newb
I've been keeping salt water marine fish for around 5 months now, and the live rock i put in have started to grow Anemone. Just need a little help in identifying them please, as i don't want anything to harm my fish. I have 2 common clown fish and two 3 striped Damsel.

Thank you

https://picasaweb.google.com/107009...key=Gv1sRgCOWIto3jmb6FqQE#5774324979287107490

Downloads

Last edited:
I mean I don't know that it is an anemone.. I have never heard of one just blooming.. but I'm sure someone here knows more about it.

It's a ball anemone. They are reef safe, but if they get enough food, can multiply quickly. They are usually not considered pests unless you get irritated by them or there are just too many.

It's a ball anemone. They are reef safe, but if they get enough food, can multiply quickly. They are usually not considered pests unless you get irritated by them or there are just too many.

Do they grow big? They have already started to multiply. Will they harm my fish?

Thanks

They won't harm your fish. :)

They actually come in several different colors and can be quite pretty. I've had red, orange and white ones in my tank.

Could you get a clearer picture? I believe it is an aiptasia anenome. They are pests and can over take a tank. But it could also be a paly. Which would be a nice free addition. I am leaning towards aptasia though.

They are also known as glass anenomes. Google pics of that to get a better idea of what toblook for.

Back