Help on "building" reef

Nedim

Reefing newb
I've got a question that probably seems real noobish, but jut stick with me.

I'm looking through the pgoto gallery and I see all these beautifully scaped aquariums, and I'm thinking to myself-how do you build the rock walls? When youre stacking the live rock, do you simply place piece upon piece or do you use an epoxy of sorts to get the rocks to stick together and nott fall apart? Also, does coral move?

If anyone knows of a site that has an instructional on how to do aquascaping, or has some pics they wouldnt mind sharing, please do so.

Thanks for reading.

I built my reef with rocks that locked in together and then epoxied together to keep um from dislodging. Aqua stick or the other one works well. Ill post a pic when I turn the lights back on.

I was actually just flipping through a Dr.FostersandSmith catalogue and considered buying one. Now when you say "locked", you mean pieces that just kinda fit together like a puzzle, right?

As good as any and provides you with a lot more. Takes you to the completed system. If you decide to follow that program then you need to follow it. Now having said that you will notice that part of the purpose is to provide you with the animals also. so, if you want to follow that program then do so but do so all the way with the program. did I make since? keep us posted.

jhnrb said:
As good as any and provides you with a lot more. Takes you to the completed system. If you decide to follow that program then you need to follow it. Now having said that you will notice that part of the purpose is to provide you with the animals also. so, if you want to follow that program then do so but do so all the way with the program. did I make since? keep us posted.

Makes perfect sense.

Im gonna order some live rock, probably by Friday. :D

Back