Help on Feeding open Brain

krazydy

Reefing newb
Ok... I've had an open brain now for a few weeks i got at my local lfs on special since i guess it seemed like it was diying but i bought it and it seems to have gotten better :D . The only thing is i cant get him to open and feed. I gave been feeding my corals DT's and frozen cyclop-eeze yet i dont see it open and feed like i read others writing about. I happen to have frozen krill and mysis shrimps, would it eat that and if so how should it prepare it and feed it to them and what would be the best time to feed them. I have a small baster to spot feed them. Please help.:frustrat:

https://www.livingreefs.com/forums/chattanooga-reef-club/701-my-red-brain.html?highlight=brain

That link shows pictures of my brain eating a clown fish, kinda funny actually but the clown lost the battle over a frogspawn with a mated black clown pair... anyways back to answering your question, but wanted you to look there to see the feeder tenticles, so you would know what to look for.

Do you see the feeder tenticles coming out? Try looking at night. I would mix a couple cubes of mysis in a cup of your tank water. Use the baster to slowly squirt some of the water every so ofter around it and hopefully it will open up.

Hope this helps, but I think DT's and cyclopeeze might be a little to small for a brain.

Brandon

Thanks... I took from your picture and droped 2 peices of krill on top of the brain and it opend right up and feed.

Back