Help! Parts of my RODI unit burst!:-(

ltkenbo

Reefing newb
I have an RO/DI unit from purewaterclub, worked great. I can't find the exact model on there website anymore but it was the: 150G 0ppm Reverse Osmosis+2DI Aquarium Water Filter#RO1-6BB-150

Cost me $100. Anyways, I live in middle/east TN, and as most people around the nation are experiencing there have been very low temperatures everywhere. Well the last couple of days it has been snowing non-stop with an average temperature around 10 degrees or so. I have my RO/DI unit set up in my garage because I have it hooked up through a garden hose. I also leave it out here because there is no chance of damage to the house if it leaks (which it did when I had it inside). So the unit has been fine, I haven't been able to run it because of the cold freezing up my hose, but the garage was left open for a little bit tonight and I went out there to see this:

DSC06016.jpg

DSC06017.jpg

DSC06018.jpg

DSC06019.jpg

DSC06020.jpg

It sucks, I know it sounds kind of stupid, but temperatures this low are unusual. The thought kind of crossed my mind, but I had no idea how it is possible to purge the unit of water??? What should I do, can I glue the housings, or at least the main blue clear one? I don't wanna have to pay $100 for a new unit. Plus, purewaterclub says that warranties don't cover damage due to low temperatures. :-(

Yeah but:

Canister filter housing $23:
KMD eCommerce Crop.

and $12 each for the DI filters.

So that would cost around $50.

However, if I could glue the main blue canister with super glue (in combination with silicone maybe?) or something since it only has a single break unlike the DI filters, I would only have to pay for the latter.

But how can I find out what exact parts my kit came with considering they don't have the same model anymore?

ive had one break on me. glueing wont last . pressure is to great. and besides if glue does hold up what happends when you need to replace filters? and 50 bucks is cheaper then buyin a whole new RO unit..

Yeah that's what I thought especially since it's just a single break and the plastic is so thick.

As far as the DI filters, all I need is 2 end caps, is it possible to get those anywhere? Or do I have to buy new DI filters?

Yeah, but I got it from P U R E W A T E R C L U B and they don't have phone support, only email and I've heard sometimes they take a while to get back. Does anyone know the difference between these 2?

KMD eCommerce Crop.

and

KMD eCommerce Crop.

They are both DI filters, one is $2 more than the other, and one says 0 PPM and the other one has 100G at the end of the model name (I have a 150 gal. per day model). What's the difference if anyone knows?

Nvm, I found the answer about the resins in the Q&A section (the more expensive one is guaranteed 0 ppm), however, I would still wonder why the unit has 2 DI filters, better filtration I suspect?

Well apparently this thread isn't that interesting but I glued the housing back together, screws on fine, shouldn't have to worry about leaking because the crack is above the O-ring. I'm probably gonna order those 2 DI filters tomorrow and then everything should work fine hopefully.

I grew up about an hour south of cookeville:D I actually live in north Georgia,But I'm from Dunlap Tn, and I'm up there every weekend at least.I still do a lot of coyote huntin around Cookeville.

Back