Help pest worms and diatoms

Ukfan369

Reefing newb
I have had my tank running for 12 weeks now and things have been going fairly well. My live rock is maturing and good coraline algae growth, water levels consistently good. Here's the [FONT=&quot]problem I have some [/FONT] [FONT=&quot]pest worms that look like tiny white snails EVERYWHERE. They have been in the take for going on 2 weeks now and i was told they would die off but they seem to be getting worse. I can't remember their name off the to[/FONT] [FONT=&quot]p of my head but I need to do something aobut them. Also almost all of my sand at the bottom is covered in diatoms. I know that its common with newer tanks, but this also seems to be getting worse. I need some comments/ suggestions. Thanks [/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]

Can you post a picture of them? Or find a picture online that you can link to? I'm not sure what animal you're talking about.

And having diatoms is normal. It will get worse. There really isn't a way to avoid diatom outbreaks in new tanks. Having sandsifting snails (nassarius snails) will help, but you'll have to wait it out. As your tank matures, you will get diatom outbreaks less frequently.

Are you talking about the spiroid worms?
If so,They will eventually wither away.Just like diatoms.You can scrap em off the glass with a mag float fairly easy.

Yote again has you covered. I had those worms on everything when I started. They will disappear and so will the diatoms. It all takes time.

Believe it or not.Those worms actually show that your tank is doing what its supposed to be doing.
Just keep them scraped off the glass and they'll be gone before you realize it.

Back