Help Please! Trigger question

CS31

Reefing newb
I have a 55gallon tank, with a 3" undulated trigger, a 4 1/2 " regtangulus trigger and several damsels. All have been coexisting well for nearly a year. 4 days ago, while cleaning tank, rectanguls got spooked and tried to jump out of tank. Unfortunately he missed and hit the wall, then fell back in water. I can see no visible injury to him, but since then he is hiding in cave. I haven't seen him eat, so I am very concerned. Normally, he is very active and the most dominant in the tank. Any advice? I am a vet tech and have meds available to me if needed, but so far have been unable to find a fish vet in mich. to give me dosages or advice.

late response

I am sorry for not responding sooner. If your difficulty has been resolved by now this is a mute point, however, without a followup post I do not know your current situation with the trigger. based on your initial post all you can do if no visible signs of damage are apparnet is to keep impecable water parameters, keep the movement around and in fornt of the tank to a minimum and generally just keep everything quiet to give the trigger a chance to calm back down. if on the other hand the fish is experiancing difficulties I would quarrantine and treat with a gram negative and positive bacterial medication developed for the fish industry as a precaution. check to see if you are having any stray voltages in your system and if the water is not grounded with a ground probe install one. Hope something helps as it is late. let us know how you fared and if you have any additional questions or thoughts please post them in your thread or start a new thread. Thanks for the inquiry and welcome to the forum. Hope this reply finds all well.

Back