help sick fish

Pwny

Reefing newb
alright ive had a few fish die one by one and it seams like it happens overnight they go from being healthy to dead from my manderin to my flame angel now my cromies. they all seam to have slight sores that come up duing the night. ive been looking around and am now wondering if its some kind of leach problem. ive put melafix and pimafix into the water because im not sure whats happing to them or how to fix it here is a pic of the chromie that was sick this morning that i dont think will make it much longer.
IMG_4460.jpg

salinity - 1.024
no2 - 0
no3 - 0
ammonia - 0
ph - 7.9
IMG_4461.jpg

it seams like its just been fish and no inverts or corals seam to be hurt

Please tell you didnt add Malifix and Primafix to a tank with corals and inverts. If you did,they wont last long.
Could be Oodenium (sp?).If it is,your probably gonna be fishless for a while.Sorry to be the one to say it.

yes i did, should i do a water change? i only did a 1/2 dose of each. they said they were saltwater safe on the bottles ><

Saltwater safe and reef (coral and invert) safe are different things. I don't know what to tell you. Do you have a QT tank you can start moving everything to? I don't even know if that would help.

Bummer :( Did you had anything new prior to all the deaths? New equipment? New rocks/livestock? Anything change coinciding w/ the deaths? Were they eating well prior to that?

I never put in medicines to my DT -- I only have a few mushroom hitchhikers, but I still would never medicate the DT (I've thought about it a few times, but opted out). Because you never know if the medicine will go away making your tank water useless for inverts or corals in the future.

Sorry to hear about the deaths though :(

Dont add any more to your tank and keep an eye on your corals and inverts.Hopefully you didnt get enough in there to hurt anything.
Any medication thats supposed to be reef safe,aint gonna do much for what ever your trying to treat.If its worth dosing,its gonna kill all your corals.

frogspawn is maby a bit thin on its arms but is looking ok my zoas are semi closed up my mushrooms are small but still kickin and my candy canes are looking ok sofar. as far as inverts my shrimp, snails, and feather duster look ok. my last blue reef chromie still has some sores on him but overall seams stable atm swiming around. my clowns seam unphased sofar.
yote - as far as watching corals n such would this be a instant thing if they die or more of a slow draged out one.
wontonflip - um no new fish since i got them but everyone was eating well no signs of anything wrong then they would get sick overnight and die vary quick after that 1 by one. only thing i added last few weeks was a few new coral frags but i didt put any of the water they came in into the tank unless it was just really bad luck and somthing came in on them

If it effects the corals,it may effect them in different ways.It can meds can kill some corals within minutes and others may just get extremely un-happy for a while.You just really never know how they'll react.
To be on the safe side,I'd do a 50% water change and keep my fingers crossed.

Back