Help urgent cloudy water fish breathing heavy and losing pigment and dying

thanks i hope they all pull through
my water purifier is an eSpring under the sink model i'm looking to see what all it removes..... the water in the aquarium looks much clearer the damswl and goby are doing good it looks like but the 2 clowns are still at the top their color looks a little better

well it seems like it keeps getting clearer and clearer so if it's not back to normal tomorrow i'll try and to another water change hopefully everything will be ok Thank you for the people who actually try and help instead for making smart remarks :x:

:frustrat: I hate when crap like this happens and you are left wondering just what the hell happened and will it happen again sometime down the road? :frustrat:

THEIR DOING GREAT!!!!!!! THE WATER IS ALMOST BACK TO NORMAL ALL THE FISH BUT 1 CLOWN ARE SWIMMING AROUND FINE BUT THE ONE THATS LAGGING A LITTLE IS DOING BETTER HE GOES UNDER SWIMS FOR A MIN. THEN GOES BACK TO THE TOP BUT I THINK HE'LL PULL THROUGH!(fingers crossed)
Again thank you for all your help if the water isnt all the way clear tonight then i'll do a small water change but i will keep you posted

:bounce:

I was trying to be nice. :mrgreen:

You should see some of the keyboard beatings I've thrown down around here. I started one of my new years resolutions early and took it easy on you. :lol:

Sorry you didn't get my attempt at humor.

Glad to hear your fish are doing better!!! You did a good job of getting things back in shape once you saw things go bad.

True. You did a lot of water changes and thats about all you can do in that situation. The quicker you lower the ammonia, nitrites and nitrates the better. Glad to know they are doing better.

Thanks again to all of you I'm happy to say that the water is perfect and clear. the fishies are doing GREAT even the clown that was lagging is swimming around like nothing happened all of their colors are back to normal! thank you so much i didnt really know what to do i didnt know you could do that many water changes without harmful effect and i was about ready to give up. I will not be making the mistake of buy more than one fish at once!

Drastic water changes like that should only be done in an emergency situation -- like yours. It's generally a bad idea to ever change more than 40% of the water, but sometimes you don't have a choice.

Doing 10 to 20% once a week or every 2 weeks is a good maintenance habit to get into.

I'm glad everyone is doing better!

Back