HELP! What is This Growing At The Base of My Leather Finger!

krispyk577

Reefing newb
It does not sway or move like an anemone (I did have one die 2 months ago or so). It is growing at the base of my anemone. It looks like teeth. They feel like bristles like a tooth brush. Today they began growing inside the base of the anemone, yesterday they were not. They feel somewhat firm.

Help....do I keep it, or do I remove it immeditately??????

Attachments

• teeth (2).jpg
    teeth (2).jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 384
  • teeth(2).jpg
    teeth(2).jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 363
  • teeth3.jpg
    teeth3.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 396
Do you mean its growing into the base of the leather?

It looks like either a sponge or some sort of calcifying algae, but to be honest, i really have no idea.

Also, please dont double post threads

would you remove it?

if it has punctured my leather?

Do you think this is the correct forum room to be in for this matter?

I posted in two places, because I was not sure which forum to ask this question...sorry.

Anyone on here that might be able to identify it that you know of?

When in doubt, pull it out.

And this is the correct forum, but if you do post in the incorrect section, the mods usually catch that and move it, or you can ask :) I dont mean to sound mean, but you will get a better response if you just post once because then people will see what has already been said and can modify their thoughts :)

Just give it more time for people to look at the thread, its still pretty early.

How fast did theses thing appear? and to your eye, what color are they?

They appeared on Monday (was not here over the weekened). They have since begun to grow into the base of the leather. I thought it was a dead carcass of an old anemone. They can be pushed back like semi tough bristles. They are ivory white.

It does not sway or move like an anemone (I did have one die 2 months ago or so). It is growing at the base of my anemone. It looks like teeth. They feel like bristles like a tooth brush. Today they began growing inside the base of the anemone, yesterday they were not. They feel somewhat firm.

Help....do I keep it, or do I remove it immeditately??????

I removed it, check it out....what is this?

Attachments

• teeth5o.jpg
    teeth5o.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 374
Back