Help with a Gorilla Crab

BL1

I was looking around my rocks today and I saw a gorilla crab hanging out next to a hole in the rock. Well, I took it out and used a turkey baster to squirt boiling water in there to get him out, well apparently the hole was really deep because he disappeared. The rocks back in the tank but, I'm not sure what happened to the crab. Is he probably still alive in there? If so, what should I do now?

Well I am having the same problem with gorillas and mantis shrimp.

I took a poland spring 20oz bottle of water, rinsed with RO water removed wrapper etc.., tied string to the top of the bottle. Inserted a silver sided fish into the bottum and submerged it into place in front of the cave.

I have been fishing in my tank to about two hours and have gotten one crab out.

I have had better luck in my tank then I have had fishing in the pond.

Hope this helps..

Thanks RI, if I see him pop of of the little cave I'll have to try that then.

No problem, originally I was gonna get a trap from store but they were out so DY seems to be working and only cost $2. Plus you can recycle it when your done.

When I had one I put a piece of krill on a feeding stick by his home. He got greedy and came out to get it. I slowly pulled him away from his hole and with the other hand I came down with my feeding syringe and crushed him good. Fish food for everyone then.

Back