help with kole tang please

mdottyp

Reefing newb
Just when i thought it was going really well, my yellow eyed kole tang is not looking well, he as seemed to have lost weight, and is hiding away in the rocks (very strange behavior for him) i have noticed he has small white spots on very close inspection (white spot ?) my parameters are all good, and he is still eating, can any body help, i dont have a qurantine tank, and i have only had him a month but he adapted to the tank really well, i havnt tried him on a alge food product yet he just easts the stuff out the tank could this be a matter thanks:frustrat:

sounds like ick. With out a qt tank you will need to feed with something fortified with garlic. That should help boost the immune system. The "reef safe" ick meds dont work I have tried. The best bet would be to get a cheap tank to set up as a qt. No sand or rocks just a sponge filter or hob filter dont run carbon. Put a few old flower pots or pvc pipe in there for him to hide in. Treat with a copper based med. You will have to treat all of your fish at the same time. Leave the main tank fishless for at least a month. Sorry to hear about this but we all get ick sometime.

There are some natural ways of helping out. Things like cleaner shrimps and/or cleaner gobies. Its not always a guarantee they will help, but they do a lot of the times.

Yoiu cna also use food preperations with things like chloroquine phosphate.

Back