Help with my maroon clown fish

DUDE you have a great tank! Also I know what you mean about the colors. The full tank shots are so hard for me to capture right.

Anyway, what is that huge ?coral? in the last tank pick> Shroom?

Thanks for sharing. Also why not start you a new tank thread as we all could do that way we can watch each others tanks grow??

Looks good bro.

Also your tank is almost identical to my first tank which was a 75g. Same filter, skimmer and all! Thats a good setup and works great. I know from experience!

Thanks for the complement dave - I just feel like it is plain and not enough coral yet. but I guess a lot of us want to change things in out set up/aquascape. I have let that pile or feather calerpa grow out trying to get my yellow tang to eat it, but so far no luck. I seem to be the only one with a tang that won't eat anything but flake and nori. Oh well.
That big thing is my green bubble tip anemone. And that is not as big as it normally gets. It is not happy with the clown being gone. It can reach up to the top of the rock that is directly above it.

whats teh deal with you two and spongebob? I'm starting to think that might be a nickname for something I don't want to know about. :)

no brandon your thinking about MR CRABS and his CRABY PATTIES!, Patrick and I arent that way, We just act like it in public.

spongebob.jpg

We took this pick last week!!:shock:

Alright enough already!!:D Back on topic.

So after 10 days in QT I think my clown is ready to go back into the main tank. Here's my question; If I get her out with a small pitcher or large glass would I need to worry about the medicine getting into the main tank? I would think it would be such a small amount (less than 1/2 gallon) that it wouldn't hurt anything, but I thought I would ask and make sure. Of course I will slowly raise the salinity back up to match the tanks first, I dropped it down a little while she was in QT I think it is at 1.022 and the main tank is at 1.025

Just use as little water as possible and make sure to run some fresh carbon.

If you used cupermine then I would just use a net.

My 2 cents.

I would put her in like a gallon container, and acclimate her by removing 25% of the water and adding your tank water. Do this a few times waiting 20 minor so between each time. By the time she is ready to go in most of the water will be your tank water, even then though I would try to keep as much water from the container out of the main as possible.

Unless someone can tell me a reason not to, once I get the water perameter equal, I just carefully use my hand to scoop the fish up and move to the main tank, No nets or risk of transfering chemicals. Ive always done it and it seems to work great.

Back