Help with new tank? :3

NekoTwilight

Reefing newb
Hi! First post here. I'm finally out of my dorm, so I have room for a semi-decent setup. I have experience with freshwater fish and saltwater (fish only). I'm looking for a tank for salt water fish and live rock. Might add some coral later, assuming everything goes fine.

Anyway. My budget is tight and I'm concerned about weight. I live above a garage. :C I've been looking seriously at the JBJ Nano Cube 28G (there's a good deal that includes a stand for $299). I suppose I could go smaller, but I'd really like to fit in a dwarf angelfish if possible.

I love the Red Sea Max 130D, but $799 is too much. :c

For some reason I'm a little worried about going with a traditional tank and buying the components separately.

Any other suggestions? Would I need to change/add any equipment to the Nano Cube?

Thanks. :D

The nano cube is a decent set up from my understanding.

Also, it will be fine on the second floor. I had a 55 gallon tank on the second floor in the house I grew up in.

Welcome to the site!, I wouldnt worry about the weight either. Also, you could check out craigslist or other local papers for used equipment or tanks, it is a really budget friendly option.

Thanks everyone for your responses. :0

The house I'm in was built in 1923 and again, it's above a garage. A little worried still, but I feel better about doing something larger. I'll check around Craigslist. Will definitely be posting a build in progress thread when I start getting some things in. :3

Back