Help With Nitrates!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by marlinsrundeep, Nov 18, 2006.

1. marlinsrundeep

marlinsrundeep

Hey guys,

I am having serious problems with my 55 gallon saltwater tank. No matter how many water changes I do with R/O water, I cannot lower the nitrates. I have 2 protein skimmers, a hang on the back CPR skimmer and a coralife 125 gallon super skimmer in my wet/dry filter. I use carbon and floss as well. The only fish I have in there is a pacific blue tang and a Huma trigger, and a tiger moray eel. I don't overfeed and I feed the eel twice a week a freshwater minnow. What should I do?

marlinsrundeep, Nov 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

2. marlinsrundeep

angelfish

which brand of NO3 testkit are you using?

angelfish, Nov 18, 2006
    1. Advertisements

3. marlinsrundeep

bkv1997

How much Live rock do you have? You might also want to consider removing the Bio Balls from the Wet/Dry if they are still in the system.

bkv1997, Nov 18, 2006
  4. marlinsrundeep

jhnrb

Check your makeup water for nitrates, if ok and water changes dont do it for you, may be time for a nitrate reactor. in addition to removing the bio balls, you can use a small pump and blow around rocks and crevices before doing your water change. if you have substrait do you have any sand stirrers?. just a few thoughts that might help. good luck keep us posted.

jhnrb, Nov 19, 2006
    1. Advertisements

Ask a Question