help with skimmer

jcegt87

Dude Dude DUDE!!!!!!
ok so i got my remora but my question is where do i put the pump on the sand bed or what in mid air:frustrat:

pics would greatly help me out

yeah i figured DAMB im try to keep things organiozed and out of View and now i have a bright grey pump that you cant miss almost in plain view:grumble:

IMG_0197.JPG

Last edited:
:shock::^:impressive thought its the first day and i have to keep emptying the water in the collection cup some of the watre is actually brown

well what imeant by that was before i left to exchange my fish and now that i cam eback so its only been twice lol it does make a hissing sound is that normal

well live and learn next time ill get a sump skimmer or if i get annoyed by the view just have a hang on sump skimmer:mrgreen:

ok skimmer was working awesomely but just now when i got home i noticed no bublling at all just water going in and out (not even in the collection cup) lowered the collection cup almost all the way and nothing not even water

the skimmer is just basically getting water in and out no "skimming: is this part of the "break in":shock: point

There is not really any dissolved organic matter in your tank yet. Unless your rock was really dirty and stuff your 1 clown fish (from what I remember thats all you had so far) wont poop enough to make the skimmer pull much yet. And they also take a while to break in, I would give it at least a week before it is working properly...

Also, keep it at the highest setting until its fully broken in, then lower it to where it should be. Otherwise it will just one day decide its broken in and flood your floor and drain your tank...

well besides the clown i also have a fox face and a sandsifting goby/lawnmower oh and a coral banded shrimp

the nemo was basically a starter after i got p!ssed with the damcels
the fox was a trade

the goby and shrimp are part of cleaner idk? :twocents:

Back