Help with the ITCH!

RollTide15

Reefing newb
So a couple of weeks ago I noticed a few small white specs on my Orange Clown. Then about a week ago I noticed a couple on my Black & White clown and my Orange clown had even more.

Well I went out of town this past weekend for about 4 days. When I got back I noticed that my circulation pump had fallen and was kicking up sand into huge mountains. This also caused some of the tank to not have flow. I estimate the pump was like that for about 18-24 hours. I think it stressed the fish a little bit too because now the itch seems to be even worse on both clowns.

My neighbor who fed them while I was gone said the clowns ate and seemed ok. Before I left the clowns ate like little piggies so I was just hoping the itch would resolve itself. But now my Orange clown's mouth looks a little swollen and he did not eat today when I fed him. But the tank was really cloudy from the sand and I think he was just stressed. My Flame Angel seems to be doing fine and does not seem to have any signs of itch.

As far as stress goes the clowns should not have much. My water parameters are fine and there was a little aggression about 3 weeks back when I put the Flame in, but they get along fine now. I have zoas and a plate coral so I can not do the hypo-salinity treatment. Other than soaking their food in garlic is there any treatments that I can buy or put in the water?

Honestly, there is no effective treatment for ich that can be used in the dt. There are treatments that claim to cure ich and can be used in the DT, but they're most likely not effective in killing it. Chance are the fish just naturally fought it off. If they're eating and otherwise looking active, they should be able to fight it off.

My Black & White clown is eating and seems to be doing ok. My Orange one however is losing color, covered in ick and did not eat today. My neighbor said she ate last on Monday. I am worried that she will not make it. I am using this stuff called Quick Cure in low doses. My LFS said it is safe in the lower dosing and it works for them. In higher does it can harm my inverts and possibly my corals. Luckily I only have hardy corals right now. So the real hurdle is trying to get the Orange one to start eating. I will read the above thread suggestions. Thanks.

So when they say soak their food in garlic what do they mean? Like do I go buy minced garlic and drop in the pellets and frozen food into the garlic juice?

Back