Help!!

Lopsideful

This is to short to typ
Hi! I just got a lizard blenny the other day and i just put some ick medicine in the tank becuase one of my fish has ick and now he is just sitting at the bottome and breathing really heavy!! So i put him in a new bucket with different water and now he is just laying there and wont move when i put my hand in the tank? PLease help!!

You used the copper based medication in your display tank? If so, you contaminated your rock, sand and everything. And even small amounts of copper are fatal to inverts. You need to move any corals and inverts that you have ASAP into a different tank or container with all new water -- do not move the rock or sand with them, the stuff living in and on the rocks are dead.

Are you using a copper test kit to measure the amount of copper in your water? Dosing copper needs to be precise.

How did you acclimate him? And was he eating at the fish shop? He might be suffering from copper poising or stress from the copper treatment.

Also here is this on ich, you seriously need to read it because how you are treating your ich is all wrong. Plus you might have totally destroyed your tank by introducing the copper.

https://www.livingreefs.com/oh-no-have-ich-do-do-t30950.html

Good luck, im afraid you are going to need it.

Ok i just moved him will he be ok? Im sorry it must be really hard to talk to me right now, it just seems like i cant get this hobby right >:(

What type of test kits are they? (manufacturer) What are all of your parameters? Ammonia, Nitrites, etc.

Back